I'm back! Starting over...ugh.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by RockyToggRanch, Sep 26, 2012.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Well, I don't know if anyone even remembers me or noticed me missing..lol. I have been through some changes in the past year. I left my marriage of 25 yrs..sold my horses, goats and chickens. Bought myself a house on two acres with a little river running through the back yard. Convinced myself that I don't have room for my beloved animals here (and that being alone for the the first time in my life I should concentrate on house and yard maintenance). Then I met a wonderful man. Fell in love for the very first time in my life:) Bought some ducklings in the spring and a dozen chickens in the summer. We love the animals...both of us! Although I miss my goats terribly and often cry when I think of them, I'm grateful for what I have and happy to have feathered friends back in my life. Who knows...maybe we'll find a spot to put a few goats...hehehehe. He did tell me not to be in a hurry to sell my milking stand..lol.

2. furbabymum

furbabymum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Burns, Wyoming
    Yay. I'm happy things are going so well for you! I'm new so I wouldn't remember anyone but it's nice to see someone doing great!

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Glad things are going well for you, and welcome back! [​IMG]

Gotta love a guy that advises one to hang onto the milking stands, LOL!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I agree! Sounds like a keeper! Welcome back!

6. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Thanks everyone!

7. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks so much for posting, your life now sounds like its finally coming together, I am very happy with you, and why dont you buy yourself a pigmy goat [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Congrats on the changes in your life. I see a few more animals in your future.Great choice on a home with a river.Wishing you well.

I looked up 1 to 5 acre homestead plans for my dd's perfect society project,and it always amazes me what you can fit on a small lot.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I congratulate you on your courage. I know a man who walked away from a 25 year marriage. I didn't understand, so I asked him why. His reply, "There is no greater loneliness than sharing a house with someone who dislikes you and whom you have come to dislike." He left for his survival, and later met a woman who now completes his life. He too is happy for perhaps the first time in his life. Life comes in segments. I am so glad that you have entered a 'good time' in your life. People deserve love and happiness.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by