I'm back, too! Mesa, AZ

ChrystalGail

Songster
12 Years
Jun 13, 2007
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi all...

After a little break from the chicken scene I'm back. I cut back on a lot of my animals after moving back up to Mesa. I decided to get rid of my hens in October, because my dogs were eyeballing them and I didn't want to find any casualties. Well, I'm now down to 1 dog and she doesn't seem to have any bird hunting in her as she lets the pigeons eat out of her bowl when she is laying a foot away. So, yesterday I picked up five 8 month old Brown Leghorns. They are doing great and seem to be very grateful to have a yard to explore. The guy I bought them from had about 35 in a 10x10 pen and it was pretty cramped!

Anyway, I'm back and I will probably be hatching out some of their eggs as they were in a single breed pen with 3 roos. So, if there are any of you AZ peeps that would like some Brown Leghorns I will keep you posted with the incubation.

It's good to be back!

Chrystal

How much did he charge you for the 8 Brown Leghorns and where is he located? Is he willing to give up another three or four?

My one Brown Leghorn gives me an egg almost every day with a nice glossy shell.

Last edited:
I paid $10 each for 5 hens that are 8 months old. I'm not sure if he has anymore, he was taking about 20 of them to a guy in Tempe today. I found his ad on CL if you want to look him up. His name is Dan.

How old is your Brown Leghorn?

Welcome back to BYC from NC
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom