I'm Building an Incubator - please don't bother asking permission to laugh at me

yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif
Like OMG!
ep.gif
th.gif
ep.gif
th.gif

Omigosh...it did it again!!! I'm pointing up at the sky saying funny posts!
rant.gif

I have four pen sized holes in the top o my lid.
Plus the two thumb sized holes that should only be pen sized in the side.
How many does Sally put in??

As an after thought, instead of cutting a hole in the lid...you could possibly have gotten a full sized clear piece and saved having to cut the hole in the lid. I just thought of that now.
roll.png
Some who do fridges and/or their own cabinet incubators sometimes do this.

Of course, you wouldn't have the tricked out beer holder lid.
OR you could put legs on the lid and made a table outta it???
clap.gif

Omigosh...it did it again!!! I'm pointing up at the sky saying funny posts! :rant

I have four pen sized holes in the top o my lid.
Plus the two thumb sized holes that should only be pen sized in the side.
How many does Sally put in??

As an after thought, instead of cutting a hole in the lid...you could possibly have gotten a full sized clear piece and saved having to cut the hole in the lid. I just thought of that now. :rolleyes:   Some who do fridges and/or their own cabinet incubators sometimes do this.

Of course, you wouldn't have the tricked out beer holder lid.
OR you could put legs on the lid and made a table outta it??? :clap
Lol, I thought about making a Lear lid, but thought the cooler lid would insulate better, good thought on the legs
Lol

And you're correct...it will insulate better. AND you get to keep the beer holders. It's a win-win!!!:woot

I've also never seen anyone cut a plastic cooler.
(The plastic coolers intimidate me)

So now I know how to do it!!!  Thank you!!!:yiipchick  
I might use a bigger cutting wheel next time lol!! Or something more powerful than a 15 yo dremel

Normal people use a jig saw to cut them, but I don't own one so dremel it was :D

Last edited:
As a side note I am starting to see why people have multiple incubators/hatchers...
It helps to keep the different breeds/specific eggs separate.

I see a plastic incubator in my future...

Quote: Really? I never thought of using a jigsaw to cut one.
I WILL use a jig saw. I WON'T use a skill saw. Scares that crappola outta me.
My husband doesn't like the jigsaw...says it's too dangerous...lol. I just bought 2 jigsaws last year!
woot.gif

Oh man...do you know how trouble I'm gonna be in if I start making plastic coolers?? A LOT!!
hide.gif

I also like the idea of you're dremel. I could do that (if I get one)

As a side note I am starting to see why people have multiple incubators/hatchers... It helps to keep the different breeds/specific eggs separate. I see a plastic incubator in my future...
:gig
Really? I never thought of using a jigsaw to cut one. I WILL use a jig saw. I WON'T use a skill saw. Scares that crappola outta me. My husband doesn't like the jigsaw...says it's too dangerous...lol. I just bought 2 jigsaws last year! :woot Oh man...do you know how trouble I'm gonna be in if I start making plastic coolers?? A LOT!! :oops: I also like the idea of you're dremel. I could do that (if I get one)
I would love to have a jig saw!! As well as many other things but like you there are some tools I won't touch, like circular saw- I've seen too many accidents with them

Back
Top Bottom