I'm completely clueless... I could use help with my baby pullet

I think that you made a statement and had already fulfilled it. "I really wanted to be able to provide a good home for her", by finding her another home where she can be with other chickens you provided for all of her needs and acted selflessly. It is hard to know that sometimes you may not be in the right circumstances to provide not just love but everything else that a pet needs. I will always remember the 8 month old puppy I had to give to the animal shelter (Denver Dumb Friends League) because I was moving from a 1 acre property to a 1 bedroom apartment.

I hope that when the timing and circumstances are right that you will go out and get your chickens.

still think you should try to get one other chick for company, as s/he will be very lonely and sad all alone (loud peeps = scared + lonely). it is the way of the chicken. if the sign said 'pullet', it is 90-95% likely to be female. i really think you should try to get another, the space/time/poop issues are the same for one or two. or maybe try to find a new home with someone who has chicks the same age.

until then, hold baby chicky as much as possible if it seems to calm him/her down, it seems to for mine.

good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom