Im concerned about my 18 week old pullet

. Thanks.
1f60a.png

a few

So yesterday evening her crop was empty and she had a normal poop so we let her eat a little wet food and this morning her crop was empty again so we gave her more food this morning. Hopefully this means he is on the mend she is still extremely weak so will be in the garage by herself for a while longer. Thank you for all the help. BYC has the best people ever.

. Thanks.
1f60a.png

a few

So yesterday evening her crop was empty and she had a normal poop so we let her eat a little wet food and this morning her crop was empty again so we gave her more food this morning. Hopefully this means he is on the mend she is still extremely weak so will be in the garage by herself for a while longer. Thank you for all the help. BYC has the best people ever.
Great news!!! Now just need to get her beefed up again, electrolytes would probably help her out too

. Thanks.
1f60a.png

a few

Great. I hope she continues to improve. :fl.
BTW Feel free to join Liz and others on the incubating with friends thread . lots of help conversations, and odd conversations.

@DwayneNLizThanks again.

Great. I hope she continues to improve.
fl.gif
BTW Feel free to join Liz and others on the incubating with friends thread . lots of help conversations, and odd conversations.

@DwayneNLiz Thanks again.
thumbsup.gif
lol, the incubating with friends thread is a TON of fun, and chats get rather random but if a REAL questions comes up it gets answered by some very helpful intelligent people

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...n-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine

I hope i was somewhat helpful
hide.gif
i try when i can

Her color is also a bit better. She is extremely weak though. You can knock her over with barely a touch. And she should probably have weighed the same as her flock mates around 3.5-4 pounds. So she is very thin as well. She seems better but I am still not sure she is going to make it. I also gave her poultry cell vitamin yesterday. She fought me today about it which is new. Also she started making sounds again and is pecking at the paper towel. And also weakly at any flies. My brahmas are the only ones that chase flies.

a few seconds ago

magicstorm

m y biggest concern was that she was not willing to eat very much at a time. butt today I tried eggs and room temperature watermelon and that she gobbled up. she ate enough tonight to fill her crop and that is the first time she has eaten enough to do that since we brought her inside

Unfortunately I do not think she is going to make it. We r still trying but she will not stand up on her own and her crop did not empty again last night. Im not sure what else to do. We keep feeding her and giving her water but she is just to weak. It is not looking good for her.

:hugs it should be empty in the morning full at night :fl I hope she gets better :hugs I know you are trying and that is really all you can do :hugs

Back
Top Bottom