I'm confused! HELP!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Okay, so confusion is a normal state of mind for me, but this time it's chicken related.
tongue.png

Yesterday I was positive that my chickens are about to enter a molt. My egg production had gone from normal to nothing in two days time.
Today I was even more convinced of the molt when I looked under our carport (their favorite hangout) and saw chicken feathers everywhere! I mean so many feathers that I actually checked under the vehicles for dead chicken parts. All chickens accounted for *whew* and nobody looks any worse. The darks look ratty, but they've been looking ratty for awhile now.
I then go out to the coop and there are six eggs waiting for me.
Now I'm confused!
barnie.gif

By the presence of eggs and feathers am I to assume that some of the hens are into their molt and others aren't (yet)?
Not many feathers in the coop itself, but they don't hang around in there much.

I have lots of girls in various stages of molt and feathers everywhere. Some have been molting for months now, some are just finishing theirs up and some just seem like they may be permanent Turkens.
roll.png

I have the same thing some of the birds look pretty ragged and with others there are a lot of feathers about but you can hardly tell they are molting.

Back
Top Bottom