I'm getting a WHITE egg, but from who?

Quote:
I have the same thing. A bird I thought was a blurry BR until she started laying white eggs. She had kind of fleshy colored earlobes when she was younger but they have now turned mostly white. I found out she is really a barred leghorn. Here is a picture of her with my actual BR:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h45/IanTavisMom/DSCF0021.jpg

I tried to get a pic after I posted, and as usual she hid in the flock. Wow I didn't think so many people had the same problem. So a barred leghorn huh, interesting.

I have a black naked neck turkin, what color eggs will she lay? its 2am, so I am not going to run out there to look at her ears!
thanks!

Well, I was going to post that it might be the silkie, because if you're like me and compared it to my Cornish (who lays a nice pinkish brown egg) then it looks white. But, when I compared it to a store bought white egg
sickbyc.gif
there was definitely a creamish tint, and it wasn't really white. But, since I read the rest of the post
wink.png
I see that you have a mix that is probably laying it. LOL!

Anyway, my point is, unless you can compare it to a truly white egg, it might just be a nice cream tint that you don't notice.
hu.gif

Congrats on all the eggs! I am down to one hen right now (her BFF got killed) and I hoard the eggs for 2 weeks then make a huge breakfast for everyone. The kids love it! LOL!

Shelly

Back
Top Bottom