I'm getting baby chicks!!!! :D When should I order them?

iLoveRoosters

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
I am so excited!
th.gif
After three years of not having chickens this is such a huge event. Anyways, I'm ordering my chicks either form Meyer Hatcher or Mcmurry Hatchery (Any preference on which one is better? This will be my first time ordering chicks)

Annnd I was wondering which month you think I should place my order? I want to do it early spring so that way by the time they get older (and have to leave indoors) they can get outside in a nice, warm weather.

I will not be ordering any rare breeds that would require any pre-ordering. AHHH I cant wait :)

So, when should I order the baby chicks?

welcome-byc.gif

I am so excited!
th.gif
After three years of not having chickens this is such a huge event. Anyways, I'm ordering my chicks either form Meyer Hatcher or Mcmurry Hatchery (Any preference on which one is better? This will be my first time ordering chicks)

Annnd I was wondering which month you think I should place my order? I want to do it early spring so that way by the time they get older (and have to leave indoors) they can get outside in a nice, warm weather.

I will not be ordering any rare breeds that would require any pre-ordering. AHHH I cant wait :)

So, when should I order the baby chicks?

I totally agree on checking the feed stores.
The ones near me allow people to add to their order if there is something you are wanting that they did not already have on order.

TOTALLY saves on shipping cost.

welcome-byc.gif

highfive.gif
Congrats on getting chickens!

I just went to my feed store and placed an order. I did want some rare breeds, but they just order them the same time as the rest of their orders. It's definitely a better deal than ordering online, especially if you don't want any super special breeds. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom