I'm getting really nervous...advice please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bangor777, Aug 5, 2008.

1. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    hi guys. Boy this hatching thing is stressful. Here's my question. I am on day 21 (started day 21 at noon). Eggs were rocking and jiggling since day 19. i haven't seen any movement since 5 am. I'm afraid the humidity is too high. it's been raining all week here and even with both plugs out the humidity is close to 70%. no pips, no peeps. Any ideas?
    I know I still have a couple of days till it's over, it's the fact that they were all moving a lot, and now none of them are, that's got me worried.

2. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i have no answer to your question on day 20 here myself...sending good vibes your way! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]: [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Patience, padawan.... only time will tell.

That's not what you wanted to hear, is it?

Hope you get some peeps soon!! Maybe it's the calm before the storm of hatching!

4. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    [​IMG] I do not know what to tell you but Good luck. [​IMG]

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    At this point, there's nothing you can do about the humidity if all the water is out and all the vents are open. It think it will be ok. If you kept your humidity on the lower side the last 19 days, you should be fine!! Best luck!! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  6. bangor777

May 4, 2008
    Thanks guys! i have kept myself busy...my house is spotless, I completely cleaned the coop and replaced all the bedding (smells great in there), worked in the vegetable garden. Read two whole books....but I've also stared at those eggs a lot [​IMG]

hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll see a pip or two. Finally saw one wiggling again a few minutes ago, so at least one is still alive. Told my son to play chicks peeping audio on his computer later to urge them on. i don't know how my family tolerates me sometimes. Wish me luck. I'll post any new developments.

7. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i hope all goes well for u and ur peeps come out rite goooood luck let us know ur outcome either way

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Now we just pray, right?

9. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Any updates?

10. bangor777

May 4, 2008
    hey, I was just coming on to update. ok, lots of the eggs are peeping, heard the first little peep at 8 am. 9/10 are wiggling but no pips yet. The waiting is so hard. Two of the eggs actually 'talk' to each other, one peeps, then the other. Can't be too much longer, right????[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by