I'm getting really nervous...advice please

bangor777

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
hi guys. Boy this hatching thing is stressful. Here's my question. I am on day 21 (started day 21 at noon). Eggs were rocking and jiggling since day 19. i haven't seen any movement since 5 am. I'm afraid the humidity is too high. it's been raining all week here and even with both plugs out the humidity is close to 70%. no pips, no peeps. Any ideas?
I know I still have a couple of days till it's over, it's the fact that they were all moving a lot, and now none of them are, that's got me worried.

i have no answer to your question on day 20 here myself...sending good vibes your way!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
:
fl.gif
fl.gif

Patience, padawan.... only time will tell.

That's not what you wanted to hear, is it?

Hope you get some peeps soon!! Maybe it's the calm before the storm of hatching!

At this point, there's nothing you can do about the humidity if all the water is out and all the vents are open. It think it will be ok. If you kept your humidity on the lower side the last 19 days, you should be fine!! Best luck!!
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! i have kept myself busy...my house is spotless, I completely cleaned the coop and replaced all the bedding (smells great in there), worked in the vegetable garden. Read two whole books....but I've also stared at those eggs a lot
roll.png

hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll see a pip or two. Finally saw one wiggling again a few minutes ago, so at least one is still alive. Told my son to play chicks peeping audio on his computer later to urge them on. i don't know how my family tolerates me sometimes. Wish me luck. I'll post any new developments.

hey, I was just coming on to update. ok, lots of the eggs are peeping, heard the first little peep at 8 am. 9/10 are wiggling but no pips yet. The waiting is so hard. Two of the eggs actually 'talk' to each other, one peeps, then the other. Can't be too much longer, right????
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom