I'm getting some new chicks this weekend, first time ever!!

sarah92480

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Eaton Rapids, MI
I'm really excited to get some chickens. I've always wanted some and my boyfriend said he didn't mind if we got some & he's going to help me build the coop! I've been doing a lot of research this week about keeping chickens and I found this site; so far it's been very helpful so I thought I'd join. Thanks for all the information so far, I'm sure I'll definitely need it in the weeks to come! I'm so excited to get some new baby chicks!!
big_smile.png

Thanks!! Oh, I'm in Michigan by the way. I will have to let all you guys know what kind I end up with...the plan is go to chicken shopping on Sunday and I can't wait!!
clap.gif

Hi Sarah!
I'm from neighboring Wisconsin and just starting out myself! After years of wishing I've decided that this is the year! I've been steeped in R&D for a bit too. Luckily there's a really awesome hatchery right here in my podunk town that comes very highly recommended. In talking with the gal there today I've decided to hold off until the weather warms up a bit. But I know others who are getting those little fuzzies now too!
It'll give us time to build our coop and probably a good exercise in patience ;p - We're building a chicken tractor!
I love your gushy enthusiasm... we're both feeling it
clap.gif

I look forward to seeing you around!
:)
Margaret

Back
Top Bottom