I'm goin to bed before I kill anything else...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LilBizzy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    so, I hatched chicks, and one came out -not good. So, I got up the nerve to euthanize it.. I know it was right.
    My brooder box has 2 mesh metal "shelves" covering the top. I was trying to decide if I should look in the bowl.. the "gas chamber" to make sure the chickie was not still alive. I couldn't bring myself to look.
    So I turn around, and brushed against the brooder and the metal shelf slipped off , and fell in. I was horrified. One chick was killed. One of the cute little silkies isn't walking well now, and I dunno if it's fear, or if the shelf mangled its legs. Almost all the babies were under it..
    I'm grumbly mad @ the hubby because the first thing out of his mouth was saying basically it was my fault for messing with the "lids".
    I am NOT gonna touch them... I'm afraid I'll knock the heat lamp in ot something.
    So, Im going to bed.. and I'll avoid the dog and cat. And hope the little chicks are ok..

2. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    [​IMG]

Go to bed that's the best thing when you have days like that.
    [​IMG]

3. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm having the same kind of day...find some chocolate, drink some water, and go to sleep. That's what I'm gonna do. [​IMG]
    It's not your fault...things happen....secure the shelves a little tighter next time. Again, [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] get some sleep gal...tomorrow will be better.

5. waibel zoo

waibel zoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Sandy, UT
    Yes, eat chocolate, have some milk and go to bed. Tomarrow is a new day.

6. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Chocolate, sleep, and a new day tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up, dear, we all have days like that. (not fun, but true) Sleep well and feel better (and if you happen to slap hubby in your sleep, well, .....oops, I wrote that out loud)

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww shoot! Stuff happens, try not to be too hard on yourself. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] Sounds like you need a nice hot cup of cocoa and your husband needs [​IMG] At least that's what I would do to my husband if he made that remark to me especially if he knew how bad I felt already [​IMG] Go get some rest and I hope your day is better tomorrow [​IMG]

9. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Quote:Yeah, accidentally slapping hubby in the face while your asleep - that should help considerably. How dare he say anything to you like that.

[​IMG]

Here's hoping for a better tomoorow for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by