1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

I'm goin to the feed store, feed store, feed store, goin to the...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by silkieluvr, Mar 1, 2008.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yup, pretty self explanatory! This most likely will be dangerous, I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back [​IMG]

2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

waiting

3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Well, lol, of course we get there and there is lots of peeping coming from inside. I gear up, walk in and [​IMG] CHICKS ! DUCKLINGS! STARTED PULLETS! OH MY! we're going back tomorow for a better look lol

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My SO has forbid me to go to Atwoods ever since the "near miss" with the ducks (when I almost brought some home). He's giving me lots of $$$ to spend at auctions & antique sales instead. He doesn't know that I once bought two roos at an auction because I felt sorry for them. [​IMG]

6. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Excuse my stupidity, but what is all the talk about going to the feed store and bringing home chicks. Is it the coming of the baby chicks for Easter or something?

Please clue me in. [​IMG]

thanks

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    It's the time of the year Rosemarie that the feed stores and tractor supplys are just peepin full of chicks, lol!! [​IMG]

8. joanna

joanna Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2007
    I think it's just that "spring is in the air", it's chick time! my hubby was surprised that i didn't go to atwoods yesterday just to look. Easter is early this year, but they usually have chicks out this time of year.

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    I wan some but then again I dint want more chickens and im trying to down size

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    How would one find out where there were feed stores around them with chicks?

Not for me, of course...[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by