I'm gonna make like a chicken butt and vent...

Ok, now, i am hoping this doesn't get around... I have a SIL who is positive my chicks gave her some horrible nasty jungle disease. I have invited her over she won't come. My BIL will though, I knew him since he eas in pull-ups. But back to the point, she's not nasty about it but she's cut us out because she's sure the birds give her hives or somethng. Her hubby, my BIL, says it's all in her head, he can't see anything wrong with her. But for good measure when he's mad at her, he'll hold a few chickens before heading home.
big_smile.png

Anything out of the norm annoys people. All my neighbors love the hens, one didn't like the roo, since he crowed all day, but he's gone, since we treasured them as friends. My dad thinks it's gross. He freaks that I have hens and that I have chicks in my room. He tried calling social services saying wild animals were being kept in my moms house. LOL.. Where's the tiger?
D.gif
Divorce, you gotta love it.

I have to say that most of my family and friends did not understand when I cried for days after the loss of my beloved Mary Louise. BYC folks understood. I find I don't share my tender feelings about my girls with most people, except here. It's the same with my dogs. If a person has never known the love, companionship, and loyalty of a dog, they will never understand the grief and the loss that comes with separation.

I think "animal people" view the world differently. Not better necessarily, just differently. I can't imagine living without my animals and feel so blessed to live in an area to keep chickens. Next, some sheep and goats I hope. I would love to join backyardcows.com but don't see that happening.
lol.png

or borrow some peafowl.
Or guineas.

then they might tolerate the chickens.

Nah, I agree with Miss Jayne...kill them with kindness.

If they insist on acting like 3rd graders, pretend you're a 3rd grade teacher. If one "clucks" at you, reply with "Now Billy, remember your manners." In a stern voice and leave with a totally straight face.

...On second thought, don't listen to me, it will clearly make them hate you more.
lau.gif

Kill 'em with kindness.

Then if ya need help I will jump into my NYC gal "turnip truck" and open a can of real NY style "Whoop $%%" on them.
smack.gif

You owe no-one any apoliogies......especially if you keep it clean etc. ...Geez....tell them to get an interesting & productive life other than watching yours.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom