I'm guessing I won't see eggs till spring from my coturnix then?

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I just got my first egg this evening from the last remaining 3 jumbo coturnix babies... 6 1/2 weeks old.
hmm.png

I RECKON YOUR JUMBOS CARRY THE "GET-R-DON-QUIK" GENE. GLAD THEY WORK WELL FOR YOU. MINE DRAG BUTT ABOUT IT--- MAYBE ITS THE AWFUL HEAT AND HUMIDITY? I HAVE 2 PENS NOW--- 1 12 WKS OLD AND 1 11 WKS OLD AND NOTHING YET..... BUT THEY WILL LAY WHEN THEY'RE READY.​

Quote:
I RECKON YOUR JUMBOS CARRY THE "GET-R-DON-QUIK" GENE. GLAD THEY WORK WELL FOR YOU. MINE DRAG BUTT ABOUT IT--- MAYBE ITS THE AWFUL HEAT AND HUMIDITY? I HAVE 2 PENS NOW--- 1 12 WKS OLD AND 1 11 WKS OLD AND NOTHING YET..... BUT THEY WILL LAY WHEN THEY'RE READY.

I suppose it could be... refresh my memory on what heat is?
big_smile.png
Mine are in the garage that stays at a comfy 60°F. I'm sure if they were outside right now (at 21°F) they'd be converting all that energy to staying warm instead of eggs.
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
I RECKON YOUR JUMBOS CARRY THE "GET-R-DON-QUIK" GENE. GLAD THEY WORK WELL FOR YOU. MINE DRAG BUTT ABOUT IT--- MAYBE ITS THE AWFUL HEAT AND HUMIDITY? I HAVE 2 PENS NOW--- 1 12 WKS OLD AND 1 11 WKS OLD AND NOTHING YET..... BUT THEY WILL LAY WHEN THEY'RE READY.

big_smile.png
Mine are in the garage that stays at a comfy 60°F. I'm sure if they were outside right now (at 21°F) they'd be converting all that energy to staying warm instead of eggs.
smile.png

21 degrees already!!
ep.gif
Oh my goodness! It is so muggy here today, it is unreal! I can't believe it's that cold!!
hide.gif

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:

big_smile.png
smile.png

ITS BEEN KINDA COOL TODAY--- 92 WITH A 96% HUMIDITY.

big_smile.png
I guess it's what I have to endure to have only 70-80°F during the summer when everyone else is 100-110°F.
smile.png
But yeah... the "S" word is in the forecast for tomorrow, and I'M NOT READY.
*throws tantrum*

Quote:
big_smile.png
smile.png

ITS BEEN KINDA COOL TODAY--- 92 WITH A 96% HUMIDITY.

I here you. The humidity couldn't have been more then 98% here today but I have no idea about the temp.

Back
Top Bottom