I'm having a REAL BAD DAY...

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
My walk in closet shelving collapsed dumping my and DH's wardrobe in the floor...and memory/photo boxes for each baby filled to the brim fell and mixed in a HUGE pile on the floor. I did NOT realize how much my 3 children looked ALIKE in their baby photos...sorting this stuff is going to be a nightmare.

THEN...the coop door FELL off the HINGES.

URGH....I'm having a REAL BAD DAY!!
he.gif
barnie.gif

Oooh, I'm so sorry this happened to you!

I've been in a similar situation (the closet shelf collapsed in the middle of the night!), so I know what a pain in the butt it is.

On the positive side, you get to relive all the beautiful memories of your babies growing up...
smile.png
Hang in there!

it could be worse, the door could have fell off in the middle of a storm. :aww And as said, take the time and enjoy the photos and reminiscing.

Those closet disasters can really set you back! I hope you recover and reorganize okay?
hugs.gif

Dont put off dealing with it though! It could get worse? I was so frustrated when my wire shelves collapsed, with clothes, photos, documents, etc...that I left it there for a couple of weeks. I didnt want to see it or deal with it! We wore clothes from the drawers. Then ooops. I overflowed my bathtub for 45 minutes - and the water went right into the closet. Destroyed things quickly, and it was all my fault?
Good luck with your "rebuild".....
smile.png

The shelf in our spare bedroom just did that. All my husband's hunting stuff and some seasonal things were are in there. The real problem is that the one wall is all crumbly from a leak around our chimney. The leak has been sealed, hopefully. I didn't see any mold on the wall or anything but I don't know how much trouble it will be to fix. I though my husband was going to freak but he didn't.

If your bad day is just a shelf falling (no damage, just a mess to clean) and the chicken door falling off (repairable), then it isn't too bad a day, in my opinion.

Just little inconveniences that happen from time to time.

Turn on some tunes, grab a drink, and just do it bit by bit. You'll be done before you know it
smile.png

I want your bad day. I've been having a crappy MONTH.

Perspective for you...
* DBF has been unemployed for 4 months.
* I'm utterly broke.
* Commute 3 hours daily.
* I've gained 20 pounds.
* I'm having difficulties with my mom. She brought up a fight from last Thanksgiving, for goodness sake! She's done nothing but criticize me lately.
* My exBF emailed me last week "just to say hi". GAH - there's a hidden agenda there. GO AWAY.
* Did I mention I'm B-R-O-K-E. As in "poorest I've ever been" broke.
* A work contact has been harassing me nonstop about a mistake I made, making a point of telling others about it (and overblowing it) and repeatedly blaming me.
* My grandparents who are 3000 miles away are upset with me but won't talk about it.
* My home computer crapped out on me last weekend and we can't afford to fix it.
* The bathroom that DBF started to remodel 2 years ago is still not done. It's our only one.

I generally feel pretty crappy lately.

Thank you all for your responses. We finally got it all fixed...it took us 4 hours believe it or NOT to reinstall 1 shelf!! The reason it took us so long was because DH never puts his tools away in the same place. Not to mention that when we did find a tool we needed batteries, drill bit, or philips head and we couldn't find it. We had half of what we needed...it was very frustrating. Then we had to spackle over 20 holes in the drywall...this will not happen again...we installed it into the studs.
It was nice to go thru the baby photos with DH!
love.gif

JennsPeeps...Don't you worry...things will be looking up for you soon.
hugs.gif

im so glad that you were able to enjoy a part about this mishap.. how wonderful

Our metal shelves in the entrance closet did the same thing.. big bang in the middle of the night.. kinda spooky, so anyway it was double layered with soo many dvds and vhs movies.. so we took the oportunity to keep the ones we really liked and sold the rest at a garage sale.. made $50. Kinda glad that happened got to clean out my closet.

Back
Top Bottom