I'm here. I think.

Hz1HX.png

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sounds like you have a great start. No matter how much you read, you are always going to learn some of it on the fly!
lol.png
I am a hunter, as well. Can't wait for the season to start here. Eggs and venison sausage make a great combination.

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO POSTED A WELCOME, THANKS!. THAT IS A REAL WARM FUZZY.
smile.png
big_smile.png
tongue.png

TO Bawk3x: The SS is our friendliest chicken. Eats EAGERLY out of our hands. She was a substitute for a Silver Laced Wyandat that was ordered but couldn't make it.The one that did get to us was morphing into a beautiful rooster when we took him back to the hatchery.
BIRTHA, her name from day two in our living room, was two or three days older and 2 times the size of our other chicks. She has always been " friendly and docile". She also started to lay eggs first [16 or 17 wks). Not sure cause she hid them and had 11 in the hole in the ground before we found them. Nice chick pad you have in So. Cal. Some day I'll showsome of our stuff.

TO chicmom:Ohio is nice. We used to drive though it in the fall and stayed at A campground near Newton Falls Several times, on our way to visit Brian, our son, who lived in Kutztown Pa. near Allentown at the time. We would stay in campground in Pa. too. Beautiful state, Penn. Once in Ohio Ridge Ranch Campground, our dogs escaped. One was a Beagle and the other a beagle mix. They went hunting rabbits. We went nuts. First, couldn't find them!!! Talked to the folks that ran/owned the place & They said stay till you do. No charge!! Next AM the camp crew heard them in a nearby swamp. Dogs seemed to be happy to see us and we were R E L I E V E D !Can' remember ladies name but i'll never forget that kind and generous person. I too am begining to work on winterizing chick stuff. Need to finish nailin g the corregated roofing on the run and elevate one side so snow doesn't pile up too high. wouldn' want to crush the girls.

TO Redsox:I have just begun to raise those chickens...the adventure continues daily. I'm notsure yet we will want to get more hens in the spring. Depends on lots of things I suppose. If We do I AM SURE Daron Will fix us up.

Back
Top Bottom