I'M HOOKED

HI Jeff!!!!

SO happy to see you are so excited about your chickens!!! I am new to chicken owning too!! I got my girls the same day you did!!!! Glad to know we will be able to bounce ideas off of eachother / share the same stages of development! how are they doing? mine are fiesty!! <3 I am assuming you ordered straight-run because you don't know the sex of them? Were not allowed to have roos in my town so I got all girls... (lets hope they actually are girls!!! hehehe) Well, glad you joined! Look forward to chatting with you!
stasichick - They seem to be doing great! And they get 'feistier' by the day. And no, I ordered all girls...so watch out! My friend got 10 back in March and 1 of them turned out to be a roo. Post up some pics when you can.

Jeff

stasichick - They seem to be doing great! And they get 'feistier' by the day. And no, I ordered all girls...so watch out! My friend got 10 back in March and 1 of them turned out to be a roo. Post up some pics when you can.

Jeff
Hey Jeff!!! Here are my girls:

Henrietta, Buffy and Mo

thanks!
ya.gif

Cute!!! What breeds are they?

Jeff
Henrietta fuzzy feet on the left is a white cochin.. .Doofiest of the three birds... very wobbly and spastic but loves to snuggle.... Buffy is a buff orpington biggest of the three birds, mild mannered and follows around Mo wherever she goes... and the leader of the pack Mo is a barred rock. Shes the feistiest of them all.. takes every opportunity she can to get into trouble and explore. How are your birds temperament?

SO FUNNY! I was just reading the other posts in this thread! I see that great minds think alike!! heheh Buffy!

Quote from stasichick:
How are your birds temperament?

Isabella is the Brown Leghorn - she (or he) seems to be curious and a little jumpy.
Lilly is the Easter Egger - is the runner in the bunch.
Roxanne is the Barred Plymouth Rock - she (or he) is also a curious little creature and will come to me more than the others.
Buffy is the Buff Orpington - she seems to be a little on the shy side but a little curious too.
Lacey is the Golden Laced Wyandotte - she seems to be a little more timid and dodge all the running and jumping of the others.
Honey is the Light Brahma - she either loves to jump around or she is a little jumpy. Either way...she spends more time 'in the air' than the others.

Jeff

Quote from stasichick:
How are your birds temperament?

Isabella is the Brown Leghorn - she (or he) seems to be curious and a little jumpy.
Lilly is the Easter Egger - is the runner in the bunch.
Roxanne is the Barred Plymouth Rock - she (or he) is also a curious little creature and will come to me more than the others.
Buffy is the Buff Orpington - she seems to be a little on the shy side but a little curious too.
Lacey is the Golden Laced Wyandotte - she seems to be a little more timid and dodge all the running and jumping of the others.
Honey is the Light Brahma - she either loves to jump around or she is a little jumpy. Either way...she spends more time 'in the air' than the others.

Jeff
How exciting! Can't wait to hear more as they grow!

Well, I re-homed my peeps from their original brooder (storage tote) to their new home in the garage. The new brooder is 3 1/2 wide x 7 feet long and 3 feet tall. I don't have the top on it for the pictures, but the top has a large cut-out with wire over it so they are totally enclosed with the top on. I put some sand and a piece of sod on one end for them to play in. Seems like they are enjoying it so far. I crumbled up some mealworms and sprinkled over the sand and grass for them to scratch and dig in. Within an hour, a couple of them were dusting in the sand too. In the last picture, it looks like Honey (Light Bramha) is smiling a little...

Really nice Chick Inn. This will be plenty of space til they are old enough to move to permanent home. Those are some pampered pets!

Back
Top Bottom