I'm hooked!

QHGirl

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2015
Warba, MN
My chicks are six weeks old. My daughter calls them chicklets. I am so utterly in love with them, I cannot stand it. I want to hug them! And I do at least two times a day! I am afraid one of my Polish's is a cockerel, but I'm hugging that one too!

They are too big for my brooder now but unfortunately my husband hasn't finished my coop yet so during the day they I put them in a horse stall and then at night I move them back to the brooder box in my heated tack room. It's still getting down in the 30's at night, which I feel is still too cold even with a light in the stall. I have to get up a half hour earlier in the morning to move them back into the stall, but I don't care because I can't wait to see them in the morning!

I cannot believe how much joy I get from these six little creatures. Even Pearl, my pug loves them. She sits outside the barn, not wanting to come Into the house because she would have to leave her chicks.

Being a chicken rancher is the best!

Amazing little animals, aren't they? Glad to hear how much you are enjoying them.

This is one of the reasons why I love BYC. You can tell stories like this and people 'get' it. Non-poultry folks would do the eye-roll thing.
idunno.gif

Keep having fun with your chicklets!

Back
Top Bottom