I'm in Fl. How do I get a license to sell my eggs?

Kelly G

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Tampa (Wesley Chapel), Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I read somewhere that you have to attend a class and pay a fee, but I can't find the thread, and people at my office plus family, friends, and neighbors are asking to buy from us!

I know that I can sell as many from my "fence line" as I want to, but to sell off of my property requires a class and license, I think.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have been selling eggs for over a year. never heard of a license for that. I am NPIP certified and know the ag inspector for my area and he has never said anything about it and he knows what i do. Just sharing information. I live an hour north of you.

Annika

We sell our eggs every day to people all around here and have never heard of or had a problem with selling. Sold 60 dozen last month and hope to be selling 100 dozen by April. I am sure at some point the county would like a person to be licensed because it is considered income and therefore a business. County, state and federal already gets enough of our money. Just one more way to take advantage of people.
I wouldn't worry about it unless you want to become a professional egg producer or hatchery.

Here in NC we can sell up to 30 dozen/week without inspection. They must have farm label/address. Must be labeled "ungraded" unless you do weigh & candle them to sort by grade. Clean, reused cartons are acceptable.

In most states that's governed by the Dept of Agriculture. Here's a link to your FL Dept of Agriculture, Div of Food Safety:

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/fs/

See paragraph 2 on that page:
The Division is charged with administration and enforcement of the food and poultry and egg laws, and also provides support in the enforcement of other food safety laws.

If you search the site, you can probably find the actual regulations for egg sales.

edited for typo​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom