im in for a fight .....I LOST!!!!

Quote:
I just read this whole thing and thats what I thought when I saw that. I'm kind of suprised that animal control doesnt have an issue with your cats as well. I do hope everything works out for you! We'll be praying that the outcome is in your favor. We live in the country and I think I would go crazy living in the city having to ask for permission to do things like this. You should also be proud of yourself because I'm sure that youre helping others and not even knowing it.

Where are your hens by the way? Are you going to be able to get them back when this is all done or will you have to get new ones? I was just curious if you got to visit them or anything. Take care and good luck! We'll be praying for ya!!

City Managers are not elected officials, they MANAGE the policy set by the City Council and Mayor, who ARE elected. Quite frankly his opinion should be irrelevant except to the extent of asking them how they want him to manage various issues!

Quote:
I just read this whole thing and thats what I thought when I saw that. I'm kind of suprised that animal control doesnt have an issue with your cats as well. I do hope everything works out for you! We'll be praying that the outcome is in your favor. We live in the country and I think I would go crazy living in the city having to ask for permission to do things like this. You should also be proud of yourself because I'm sure that youre helping others and not even knowing it.

Where are your hens by the way? Are you going to be able to get them back when this is all done or will you have to get new ones? I was just curious if you got to visit them or anything. Take care and good luck! We'll be praying for ya!!

hi, animal control did ask about the cats, but he also saw i take good care of them, feeding, medical, & spay & neutering, i do try to socialize the ones i can get my hands on, if I'm lucky enough to catch the kittens i can tame them, and i get good homes for them, i just don't know where they keep coming from!(not talking about kittens, its big cats!) i think people just "dump" them off!!
somad.gif
i am in the city limits, but still not in the heart of the city, a little more rural, they are not really my cats, they are feral, i just feed them & look out for them & love them from a distance
hu.gif
..........as far as my chickies, i have a friend in the country who has taken them in for me, when i go see them they sure know me! they will come running to me, tell me animals arnt smart! and if i win, yes i will probaby get some of them back, my friend has fell in love with the silkies!!
love.gif

Last edited:
I know what you mean about people dropping cats off. We live in the country and we always have new ones showing up. We live across from an old dairy farm. They dont milk anymore but there are plenty of places for kitties to hide so between him and us we feed lots. Thats great that you get to visit your birds. I bet they do recognize you and probably miss you! Good luck and keep us posted. We're still praying.

thumbsup.gif
You have done some really fine work and I am praying for a excellent outcome for you and your girls.

Now my soapbox...not a fight. I really dont know why we have sooo many silly laws. If you can have chickens, how many, where you can park your car, how tall your grass can be. Where your flag can fly, yes there are some silly one's like that that make the news here in Texas. I have the luxury of living in the country, I dont get any city services, they tried to run a water main about 5 years ago and I told them I wasn't hooking up to it. I can park in my grass if I want to, and I have a refuge for roos that aren't allowed in the surrounding cities, the boys just run around and chase the girls.
love.gif

I really hate that we get dictated to on so many levels of our own lives. MOST people make the right choices, those who dont wouldn't follow a law anyway. IJMHO

Back
Top Bottom