I'm in love with these chicks!

bs288

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
My family and friends don't understand my new obsession with these babies. So I thought I would post here. I just gave them a scrambled egg. It was the funniest thing I have seen. Once they figured it out it was like a feeding frenzy. One would get a piece and run off with 2 or 3 chasing it to steal it away. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Can't wait to show DH tomorrow my new amusement.

Mine are 5 weeks old. They like to play tag with wood chips.
yippiechickie.gif
What's not to love! Chickens are the funnest pets in the world!

welcome-byc.gif
from Ga. My friends think I am crazy too. I love my chickens. The older ones and the babies too. They make me laugh everyday. Some days I like my chickens, goats, and dogs more than people.
gig.gif

We love ours too...first ones and they are now a month old. When I picked up my 5 yr old at school yesterday the teacher met me at the door and asked what "chicken tv" was....LOL! I like watching the babies WAY more than anything on the idiot box.

What is there NOT to love?? Chicks, "tweens" and full grown chickens are all lovable.

I've been outside taking pictures and I am followed everywhere by ALL the chickens until they realize I don't have food with me. Then just two or three of the really affectionate chickens "hang" with me. I stop, they stand on my feet. If I stand still for any length of time, one sits on my feet. If I sit down, I get one in my lap and two snuggled against me.

The chicks in the brooders all have different personalities by the time they are a week old, some sooner than that. It is so much fun to watch them develop their physical bodies and their little chickie smarts!

We love our chickens and ducks - they are the only thing that brightens my day after a nasty day at the office. During the warmer months that is our entertainment - our lawn chairs are all arranged in a semi-circle around where the duckies and chickies play. They are a lotmore fun than tv! We have a couple of chickies that just love to come sit on our laps in the chairs. When I have told the people at work they turn up their noses and act like I probably have a disease or something stuck on my shoes. Of course these are the same people who literally fight over buying my big brown eggs! If they could see the brooder on my front porch with 19 babies and the incubator in my family room with 41 eggs they would probably pass out!

My current group of chicks is not as friendly as my last group, so I've been using tiny bits of scrambled egg to try to "win" them over. They've had me cracking up too...grabbing a piece and tearing off in a mad dash, peeping like crazy with the others chasing closely behind
tongue.png
I call it chick flag football.

Had a party here where pizza was on the menu. Several pieces had bites taken out of them but didn't get eaten. I cleaned of the plates and took it out to the hens. They were hilarious chasing each other around their yard trying to steal pizza from each other.
lol.png
so much fun to watch.
love.gif

Chicken flag football!! That's so funny. They all scatter when I lift the lid but this morning the did eat the egg out of my hand. One kept following my hand when I tried to offer it to the others. I am so glad to hear that they are still entertaining after they grow up.

Back
Top Bottom