Im in shock right now

So sorry for you loss. They are near impossible to trap. I've tried. I had issues with coyotes in the past. Now I have electric wires around my coops and pens and no more free ranging. Lessons learned the hard way. I have a quite powerful fence charger and so far nothing has gotten past the hot wires. I know they have tested them but now they steer clear. There have been some attempts at digging under the fence but once they touch the hot wires they have aborted the attempts. I have several cameras up on my property. I love my cameras.

We were being overrun with coyotes. One of my neighbors had some dens on his land and let some hunters come in and harvest them and apparently they did. I did hear some shooting over in the direction of his property and have been seeing far fewer coyotes so apparently they did thin them out. I do see some now and then but not like I was seeing them. They hunted them at night probably as they came out of their dens because it was shortly after dark when I heard the shooting. Maybe there are hunters in your area. I did some research and some will hunt them on our property with permission. Good luck...

Oh my God! They ate one of my neighbors donkeys too!
Oh crap that’s terrifying. All the farmers around here donkeys to protect the rest of the animals.
I would be scared about them attacking people if they are that aggressive. Is it possible that there are strays dogs running with the pack? Its a huge problem around here since the dogs train the coyotes to more aggressive and attack larger animals and people.

I had thought about dogs too. My niece had a couple of pit bulls. I'm not prejudging the breed, the two of them attacked a horse. One of the dogs was killed on the spot. The horse was so severely injured it had to be put down. The other dog ran off. My niece had to take the dog to animal control and it was euthanized.

I'm pretty sure coyotes can't eat 30 chickens and a donkey in a day. Maybe teaching their young how to hunt...
There is not a scrap of chicken flesh anywhere but plenty of feathers. Theres imprints in my field where at least 20 of them were sitting eating chicken. There was still meat on the donkey but not much.

Oh crap that’s terrifying. All the farmers around here donkeys to protect the rest of the animals.
I would be scared about them attacking people if they are that aggressive. Is it possible that there are strays dogs running with the pack? Its a huge problem around here since the dogs train the coyotes to more aggressive and attack larger animals and people.
Could be dogs among them. No one has ever seen one with them. Theres rumors of coywolf in the area but i have no idea if that is a legitimate rumor or not.

I'm pretty sure coyotes can't eat 30 chickens and a donkey in a day. Maybe teaching their young how to hunt...
I had thought about dogs too. My niece had a couple of pit bulls. I'm not prejudging the breed, the two of them attacked a horse. One of the dogs was killed on the spot. The horse was so severely injured it had to be put down. The other dog ran off. My niece had to take the dog to animal control and it was euthanized.
Edited: Anything with an appetite this huge is not a typical coyote.

Last edited:
Oh my God! They ate one of my neighbors donkeys too!
That sounds a lot like wolf behavior. Although wolves don't generally like crossing paths with humans they are less apt to turn abruptly and run away. More likely they may walk away and circle back, especially if food source is near. Check with your local DNR to see if there are known packs in your area and put up game cameras.

Back
Top Bottom