Im incubating my first eggs tomorrow!

FrizzleDizzle

Songster
Jun 8, 2009
Harpers Ferry, WV
My eggs will be going in the incubator tomorrw! Its the first set to be hatched from my chickens. I actually have a foster mom for them. My friend is hatching them as a project for her children, but the babies will end up back at my house. I'm soo excited to see my little ones. I'm not sure what they will look like; I'm not exactly sure which chicken has laid all the eggs, butI will love them regardless!! It will be a fun guessing game!

Anyone else starting eggs on the 13th??

Good luck,I just set yesterday 4 dozen of my chicken eggs.3 dozen LF and 1 dozen bantums all in my big homemade incubatore.And I have 12 and 6 eggs comming in the mail,wich will go in my smaller home made bator.That bator has some of my other eggs I had found hidden like 2 dozen,12 where not frozen or cracked and now show viening.

good luck to you guys too. keep me posted!! im excited to see my new babies. i guess i have it pretty easy, i just supply deliver the eggs and pick up the babies
smile.png
im like the middle man!

How exciting!

I'm on Day 8, so I'm just a bit ahead of you. I tried to put some from my flock in with eggs I bought, but they were all infertile. (My light brahma eggs were DEFINITELY fertile, but I put in my BR and EE eggs) My rooster is still really young though, so maybe next time.

Ill be selling most of my chicks that hatch except the eggs comming in the mail and my Red Sussexs.Since my bantams where running with the one red sussex roo I won't keep them,they are all separated now.

Back
Top Bottom