I'm INSANE!! I Bought More Guineas!

Their faces are certainly clownlike
lol.png

i bought 6 5wk old guins last week for $25.an the guy still had 50 guins in the outside pens.plus no telling how meny guins in the brooders.plus he had a guin hen sitting.an the bator full of eggs.

I bought guinea hatching eggs in the spring, but i killed everything in the bator when the temps got too low (One window fell out when i opened it to turn my goose eggs, and I didn't notice.) I decided to skip guineas this summer because I know they don't respect fence lines and my neighbors are just breathing a sigh of relief now because i finally got all of my chickens, geese, and ducks fenced into the pasture. lol

I may still get some in the future. I haven't completely ruled them out yet. I just can't help myself.
smile.png

Quote:
My female ducks waddle up outside the bedroom window every morning and squawk loud enough to wake the dead. My 2 male guineas thus far are no competition!

Quote:
Well, assuming they all survive the trip (my last batch from a different hatchery had more than 50% mortality) DH wants to eat some, and his dad might take a few. Of course, we haven't asked him that yet.....

wink.png

Quote:
Well, Estes has one more week of cheap guineas, they'd hatch and ship next Wednesday, and they did give them to me at $1.25 each.
tongue.png

They arrived at 10 this morning. I ordered 30, they sent 31, 4 were dead, another gasping his last I fear and the other 20ish running about like maniacs. They sent lavender, purple, and pearl.

Hopefully, the remainder will stay healthy.

Edited to fix typos and keet count

*Update* still losing keets, treating with terramycin now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom