I'm interested in emus!

kasheare

Hatching
Aug 30, 2015
I have been in the horse world my entire life with many performance horses and am actually an equine attorney now. My good friend back east has an emu on her farm and I have fallen in love! I'm looking to add an emu to my small piece of paradise in Scottsdale, AZ. I have an acre horse area fenced with 6 ft block wall. My horse is at a training barn so the whole area would be for the emu. I do have dogs, but am prepared to make the proper adjustments so that everyone is peaceful. I joined here to see if anyone knew of an emu breeder here in AZ and also for all the questions I'm bound to have after I find one. Thanks everyone and I look forward to all the discussions!

Hi! Welcome!
frow.gif
My dad raised Emu's for many years here in So Cal. I'm sure he'd be delighted to answer any questions for you if you PM me. Here's a great forum to put a shout out. I think you'll find lots of folks to help you. Good luck!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/49/ostriches-emu-rheas

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm not an emu person but mutt farm has left you great link to check out for all the chat about them.

Wishing you the very best of luck in your search.
Enjoy BYC :frow

I've known people with emu's through BYC and they had quite the adventure raising them. I don't know how emu would do around horses but, know they try to stomp smaller animals.

I am looking to buy emu. Can someone please help me find a local breeder. By local I mean within 200 miles. I am willing to drive.

Back
Top Bottom