I'm looking for a new breed i was thinking what breed Ameracauna, Light Brahmas, lavender orpington

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

What breeds do you have so far? Ameracaunas are great chickens but are super hard to find. Maybe try an EE instead. Brahmas are wonderful birds! They are friendly and good layers. Lakenvelders are also rare. They are independent and good laying birds.

Good luck!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Which breed is best for you depends on what you are looking for in a chicken. If sheer egg production is a priority, I would suggest Black Sex Links (Black Stars), which are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. If you are wanting a colorful egg basket, then Ameraucanas (relatively rare and expensive as Mountain Peeps said), Easter Eggers (which are readily available Ameraucana hybrids that lay colored eggs), Marans, Welsummers, or Barnevelders would make for a colorful egg basket. If you are wanting calm and gentle birds that tame easily, Australorps, Orpingtons, Brahmas, Cochins, Silkies, Sussex, and Faverolles are good choices that have earned well deserved reputations in this regard. Of these, Australorps are the best layers and Silkies and Cochins are the poorest layers (although they are the best brooders and mothers). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Whatever breed you decide to get, good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Have a look at the Breeds section and see which breeds have the characteristics you are looking for. This article is also quite handy:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...cken-guide-to-picking-backyard-chicken-breeds

Enjoy the site!

Good morning and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You sound like you may be at risk for 'chicken math', lol. It happens to almost all of us at some point where we want to have just one more breed, a different color of eggs, a bigger flock, etc.

Have fun choosing and keep your climate in mind when you select. Let us know what you end up with!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Ameraucanas, or the more common Easter Egger, are nice birds that lay lovely colored eggs. I would also suggest the Wyandotte, though it isn't on your list. I've enjoyed mine greatly, as they have been very good layers, docile and sweet birds, and have had the best personalities of all my chickens. Wyandottes come in many beautiful colors, as well.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am a huge fan of the Orpington breeds...Buff Orps and Black Australorps. These two are very docile, friendly, great layers and very hardy over all. My Black Australorps just love to lap sit and beg for attention. Very affectionate birds. So definitely get yourself a Buff Orp and a Black Aussie for your flock. You will never go wrong with the Orps.

Enjoy what ever breeds you keep and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom