I'm looking forward to being in the group

alaskakerri

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2015
Hi everyone, I just joined. I live in Alaska, and have a flock of about 58 chickens. Rhodeys, Barred Rocks, Australorps (they were supposed to be Jersey Giants), Jersey Giants, Cochins, (Partridge and Splash) and An Easter egger Roo, 2 Splash Cochin Roos, 2 Partridge Cochin Roos, a 14 year old Bantam Roo, A 12 year old Polish, who gave us 2 wonderful offspring -Splash and Dash (Polish and Easter Eggers) 1 Rhodey Egger (Big Mama), and some visiting ducks-lol. Anyway, I posted under sickness, I have an Rhodey. It's in another post. Look forward to talking to you guys.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Oh wow that is a fantastic flock you have! A 12 year old polish :eek: That is an excellent age. I have mainly polish amd love them to bits, very quirky but lots of fun.

I'm sure members over in the emergencies injuries disease amd cure section will be able to help you. Good luck.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi, Kerri. I'm in Wasilla. I have one tiny bantam Easter egger pullet! How's that for chicken ranching? But I've had her nine months, so I do have some experience now. She's the little black one in the front in my avatar. All the others turned out to be roos.

I'm also new to the forum and haven't posted much, either. But I've been reading the site for a long time.

I have the materials on hand to build a coop, and I plan on getting more chickens soon. I want very sweet birds, because I mother everything. Recently a local woman recommended speckled Sussex for the very sweetest natured chickens. What do you think?

I love my bantam, and I really would like more, but I'm torn. The breeds I want are hard to come by in bantam form.

Nice to meet you and I hope we talk chickens more.

your neighbor,

susan

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My family and I have visited Alaska on several occasions and love it there. :eek:) X2 on ChickenFarmWife; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Welcome AlaskaKerri! I know you will love it here.There are tons of forums bursting with information, great pictures and ideas galore for your flock.

We look forward to hearing what you have to add here at BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom