I'm losing my job

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by horsejody, May 11, 2010.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I was just told that I won't have a job after the end of this month. I worked there for 17 years. Please pray that I can find another one. DH lost his job a year ago. He found another one, but he hates it. I don't know how we'll make it if I don't find a good job. This is my third time trying to post this, but my computer is having trouble. I hope that it takes this time.

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I am so sorry. I don't care what anyone says, times are still tough out there. I'll keep you in my thoughts, I hope you find something soon. [​IMG]

3. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I feel your pain Jody. You'll find something. It's just a pain to have to go through the whole thing. Good thoughts to you!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm so sorry... [​IMG]

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

That is a long time to work at one place [​IMG] - if your job was a kid, the child would have been driving for a year.

Wishing you the best of luck with the search [​IMG]

6. twentynine

twentynine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Stinks!

One thing I have confidence in, is you will find a job. Why am I so sure, because having a job is important to you and you really want a job. I know this by what you said about your husband, he lost his job but having a job was and is so important to him, he is willing to sacrifice his happiness to have a job.

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

((hugs))

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Hugs to you Jody - you've been there 17 years and they're letting you go? That's ROTTEN.

Maybe you can diversify and discover something new you hadn't thought of doing. Blessings on you.

9. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    So sorry! I really hope you get lucky and find a good job quick! [​IMG]

10. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] To you Jody!!! I will be praying for you and your DH but have great faith that you will find another job and soon!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by