I'm losing my job

I'm sorry. I know I'm not a long time member, but I've seen enough of your posts around here to know that not only are you really nice and helpful, you're really smart, too. You've got great written (and I'm sure oral) communication skills and with your work history you're bound to be called for interviews. Once there you will wow them and be hired, I just know it.
smile.png
Prayers coming as an extra boost.

Believe me when I tell you that I feel your pain.....I wish you the VERY VERY best of luck finding a new job! It was good that you got a bit of a notice...hopefully you'll find something before Memorial Day!

I am a nurse. I once witnessed an abuse and rather than look the other way, I went strickly by the book. Well the abuser was even more powerful.......administrationally speaking than even my administrator. Therefore, out I went, the very next day. I had been there 4 years 3 months. I was scared and sometimes a little crazy.
I applied for unemployment and received it because I had done no wrong.
I had to apply for at least one job a week and I did.
I used the time to raise a big flock of chickens, ducks and geese and get an awesome garden into shape.
I also filled every mason jar I possibly could and mended clothes. I hit garage sales. I babysat. I eldersat.
Then one day I HAD to go to this presentation, in order to continue receiving benefits. I learned a few job searching techniques and received a great booklet explaining how to create a perfect reseme'.....one that I could really brag on myself. An application won't allow you to do that as well.
I lived within my means, eating a lot of beans, applying for different things to help me with energy assistance, commodities, etc.
It was tough. It took me a while to get a good job, but by multi-tasking, we were able to pull it off. We somehow did it, without going deeper into debt or staying late on our payments. Very tough. ACs got turned off a lot. Not much time for tv either. No cable. All Christmas and birthday presents were handmade.
I began to have the belief that my employers owed me my time off, so I can set myself up, so I started applying for jobs I knew for a fact I couldn't possibly get; but jobs that, if I did get, I would make a lot of money. And I considered my yard.....now farm, to be my primary job. I felt like I had control of that. Not an administrator. I know I was a little crazy, but I needed some kind of security.
I am sorry for your news. It is very upsetting to have your world rocked like that. Prayer is a really great tool too. You might not believe it, but God puts you at places he needs you. He may have needed you are your current location for 17 years and He may need you somewhere else now and you just have to trust and look for that spot.
I hope to never go through that type of living again, but I am always afraid to buy anything on credit, just in case. I keep myself as debt free as possible and I keep as self-sufficient as possible, because it can happen to any of us.
I really am sorry for your news. I hope you figure your way out of your tight spot, one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom