Im losing one 😞

And drinking from the waterer.

Attachments

• 20230323_174019.jpg
    20230323_174019.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm so glad she's perked up!!😍 I've lost chicks for no apparent reason and bawled my eyes out. So happy she's doing better, she's a cutie!!
Thanks. 😁I think i would have lost her if i hadnt decided to change their puppy pads before my nap instead of after. I usually take a 20 min nap when i get home from work then i clean out the brooder before i go get my son. But for some reason i decided to clean the brooder first. Im so so glad.

Yesterday everyone was fine. Clean butts all around everyone eating and drinking. I clean their brooder ( change puppy pads) 3x a day .

Today i came home to a chick laying by herself and gasping for air. If i move her she chirps and she did like a flip. Her butt looks clean. But her breathing is getri g slower and slower. The other chicks were pecking at her wings. What can i do? I have bee. Giving them vitamins and electrolytes since they came home last thursday. They hatched last wed. From ideal. Im gutted. And im afraid for the rest of my chicks. Should i give them nutridrench?
I lost 2 chicks from ideal this year. I am not blaming ideal however. 1 had these exact symptoms. She died in my hands as I tried to dropper feed her. Wishing you all the luck with yours!!!

So i mixed up half a gal water and 1 oz nutri drench and filled a little 1ml medicine syringe ( for my sons meds) and she drank some and is it supposed to work so fast? Because she perked up immediately and is no longer gasping.
Yes, because of the first two ingredients of Nutri-Drench.

Propylene glycol is like glycerin and molasses, so you have 2 simple sugars giving the chick a quick energy boost.

Yes, because of the first two ingredients of Nutri-Drench.

Propylene glycol is like glycerin and molasses, so you have 2 simple sugars giving the chick a quick energy boost.
I’m so glad she made it. Is she an Easter Egger? She’s lovely!!❤️

Back
Top Bottom