I'm new and live in Maryland

JillPhil

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Love the website! We have bantam cochins and seramas and love their personalities. We take our chickens, dwarf rabbits and miniature call ducks to Senior Centers as part of our volunteer work. Many of the seniors we visit lived on farms when they were children and the animals spark lots of good memories - and the seniors talk a lot about "old times on the farm!" We have other animals also and we take them to kids' birthday parties as part of our weekend business.
Nice to meet everyone!

Hello, that is Awesome!! I am sure it brightens up a lot of faces and lets them know someone cares. Great Job!!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from Forks, Washington!
smile.png
Sadly the difference with senior citizen memories of farms and today's farms is that, well, majority of our farms these days aren't really farms. . . They're monocrops that cannot even feed their growers.
hmm.png

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. That is an awesome thing to do for the seniors. My DD's (that means dear daughters) used to take their dogs to the senior center through our 4-H club. Their faces lit up when the kids came in.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom