im new and need help

koopsunny

Hatching
Jul 17, 2016
I don't know what's going on but all of my store bought chicks are dying we picked them up from the store on 6/09/2016 we had ordered 6 of them and now we are down to 2 and I'm thinking that one wont live through the night but all the chicks that I have incubated and hatched myself are all just fine they all eat the same thing and everything can anyone give me any ideas on what could be happening I have now separated the two remaining store bought away from the ones that I hatched any thoughts would be appreciated

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so sorry you are having troubles.
hugs.gif
Birds this age are open to Coccidisis as stated above. It's a protazoa present in the intestinal tracts of all birds. But young birds have not yet developed immunity and it can and does kill them if they become overloaded. Moving birds to new grounds or very wet grounds that once were dry harbor all kinds of cocci. You definitely need to post in our emergency section for help. If you are seeing blood and or mucus in the poop, lots of diarrhea, birds are not eating or drinking, you have a Coccidiosis outbreak. Head right to your feed store and pick up some Corid or something with Amprolium in it. All this is, is a Thiamine blocker. Cocci need to to live and reproduce. A couple of days without it and the cocci die off. Corid works pretty quick and if you hurry you may be able to save the rest of your birds. With the powdered Corid, (it comes for all livestock, in a white bag, red lettering) mix it 1 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of Corid per one gallon of water. Add the Corid first, then the water. Make a new batch daily for 5 to 7 days. If you still see evidence of Cocci, continue on for another week with half this dosage so they can build immunity.

Good luck and keep us posted!! :)

Back
Top Bottom