im new and need help

okay. i will keep them seperate. will it be okay to put them together when i move them outside to my pen. i have a very large pen, made out of 4 flipped over cotton trailers in a square formation, leaving the center open topped. i have a hen house built in the end of one trailer. i can build another hen house in another one of the trailers, but will this be necassary? i guess i want them all together in the end, just for the ease of things. my thoughts were just that my pen is so large they would all be fine together. im only planning on keeping the meat birds no longer than i have to, possibly 4 to 6 months im thinking. leaving me with a small flock of chickens for eggs. which they should start to lay after the meat birds are long gone, then switch my feed to egg layer feed. i really dont know what kind of chics im getting. the ad says "american meat makers""these are not cornish rock" i should get them in the morning or sat mrning. i guess i will call t healthy and ask them how to feed these birds. thanks for all the help

one more question. i read to feed medicated feed for 6 to 8 weaks. whats the scoop on this.

No, they shouldn't be put together ever. The feeding of the meat birds is completely different from the rest. Also, I believe most people process the meat birds around 8 weeks. 4 - 6 months is way too long.

Back
Top Bottom