I'm new Hi :) I have 6 duck eggs incubating on day 7 but little progress...

mammalucy

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
I bought 6 "fertilised" eggs online and set them last week, I have no signs of dead eggs but not much signs of life either, I candled them tonight exited about seeing progress but I just saw large yellow, orangey yolk at one side of each egg, should I wait a while longer or do you think they are clear? I've religiously been checking temps and have a bowl of water with a sponge in there so all seems good but just very little progress :(

Last edited:
I have tried several times hatching duck eggs with only a few positive results. However that was because i was just to impatient. The last two batches i have done have been at 100%. This is because I candled them once at day 14. It is important to leave the cover on and be patient! Its hard but it will help 100%. I say leave them in there till day 14 and check one last time! Good Luck and keep us posted.

I have tried several times hatching duck eggs with only a few positive results. However that was because i was just to impatient. The last two batches i have done have been at 100%. This is because I candled them once at day 14. It is important to leave the cover on and be patient! Its hard but it will help 100%. I say leave them in there till day 14 and check one last time! Good Luck and keep us posted.
thumbsup.gif

Yep..keep them in another week..candle them and by then you should see veins and the heart..and usually some movement. it's hard business..but if they're fertile and you have the temp right and keep it humid i don't see why you wouldn't have a single one develope. i hatche duck eggs all the time.

Thanks, I just wasn't sure if I should still see the yolk so clearly, but with the eggs being white its maybe just more obvious it's there,
I'll check them again in another week and if no progress ill start afresh, will keep you updated :)

Back
Top Bottom