I'm new to hatching & I need HELP!!

Shanda Smith

Hatching
Jan 31, 2017
Wetumpka, AL
I started my incubator yesterday at about 11:30 am & kept an eye on it for 24 hours, to make sure the temp & humidity stayed consistent. I put my fertilized eggs in to the incubator at about 11:35 today. Everything was going great! The temp & humidity was staying consistent.... Until about an hour ago. Now the temp has dropped dramatically! And the humidity has gone from 45-50% to about 80%!!! My incubator was given to me from a friend & I don't have any instructions, so I don't know what the increase/decrease thing is for on the top. I have googled the type of incubator I have, but have gotten no answers as to what it's for OR how to drop the humidity & raise the temp!!!

Can you take a picture and post it? There is usually on the basic incubators only one dial and it controls the temperature. Humidity is usually controlled by adding water to a tray, sponge, or towel etc.

I finally went on YouTube & watched a video about the incubator I have. Thank you for getting back to me. I was beginning to panic! I found out that the dial is for the temperature. Since I adjusted it, it is coming up. And the humidity is finally dropping. I just hope the eggs are okay...

I don't think the lapse was long enough to harm them.
fl.gif
Sending good hatching vibes your way
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC - I agree with DD, hopefully no harm will be done to the eggs.

Good luck with your hatch!
CT

G’Day from down under Shanda
frow.gif
Welcome!

Good luck with the hatch!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thank you! This is my first attempt at hatching. I'm excited, but nervous! I want everything to turn out perfect, but I know there is a possibility that this first attempt won't be like I have planned! I'm really happy I've found a place I can ask questions. No matter how small or stupid they may sound to me!

Back
Top Bottom