I'm new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by raggedpluto, Mar 27, 2017.

1. raggedpluto

raggedpluto Just Hatched

Mar 27, 2017
    Allentown, New Jersey
    Hey guys, I'm B :) after a couple of years of learning, I finally did it and have my first chicks!
    My first 3 were planned (lol) and then I have two more that I rescued from my job at TSC. The first one got her wing crushed somehow by the manager, and the other one got crushed under a waterer for 12 HOURS by another manager (we need new managers obviously). I managed to revive the little dude (or dudette)
    Anyway here are my chickies :)
    "Poppy" my 3 week old ameraucana pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Emu" 3 week Australorp Pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Raven" 3 Week Black Minorca Pullet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Puff" 2 Week ISA Brown (I think) Pullet (this one had the hurt wing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this one I've been calling little guy. Not sure what gender or breed but he's the one I revived from near death. He's about a week now and is feeling so much better! So sweet too. He was very weak, so he got spoiled with a heated blanket ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So excited to meet fellow chicken lovers and learn even more!!
    --B

2. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2017
    So cute! [​IMG] My heart is with ducks, but I have to admit, those are some adorable little chicks! Thank you for rescuing those two (Fire the managers) [​IMG] . I hope you have a fun time on BYC!

3. matt richmond

matt richmond Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2017
    Dubois Indiana
    Hi I have 4 ducks

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, raggedpluto, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Don't get me started on how farm and ranch stores treat baby chicks..
    not all, but sometimes it's reprehensible the conditions in which they are kept! Make sure you visit the Learning Center for dozens of great articles on all aspects of chicken raising: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And you can visit with some local poultry folks in your state thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes to you and your chicks and thanks for joining BYC!

5. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Nice intro, I enjoyed your chick pictures.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

6. newkfarm

newkfarm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2017
    Indiana
    Adorable! So glad you were able to rescue them!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank goodness you rescued them . You are so good with them, I hope you will consider becoming a vet or veterinary assistant. I believe your Minorca chick is a cockerel.

You can also post photos at "what breed or gender is this." So glad you joined us at Backyard chickens [​IMG]

8. [​IMG] you certainly have picture posting down for a newbie [​IMG] And a way it would seem with injured chickens [​IMG]Might need to call on you sometime.

9. GreatBreeder

GreatBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2017
    BYC
    How do I post pics

10. [​IMG]

Click on this and it will say upload images click on that and it will give you choices where you want to upload from . As pictures in your computer or from a SD card . if your on a phone I'm lost don't know how to do that .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by