I'm new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chip3214, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Chip3214

Chip3214 In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2018
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Hi, my name is Emma. I have 20 chickens altogether, 10 are grown, 10 are babies. I also have 8 turkeys and hopefully I will get ducks and geese soon. Our oldest chickens are a year old, so I have had chickens for a year. The breeds I have are Americana, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Pearl White Leghorn, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Dark Brahma, Red Star Sex Link, and Golden and Silver Wyandotte's. I love all of my chickens very much and I am looking forward to getting more chickens!

Teila, Joeschooks, N F C and 2 others like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens Emma. We love to hear you are looking forward to getting more chickens. We are all enablers here, and will never say you have to many.

Joeschooks, N F C, 007Sean and 2 others like this.
  3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello Emma and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Joeschooks, N F C and 007Sean like this.
  5. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Emma :welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

Joeschooks and N F C like this.
  6. N F C

N F C is it nap time yet?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Hi Emma, it's always nice to see a new member...especially one from WY! There aren't that many of us you know :lol: If you'd like to chat with other members from Wyoming, drop in on our state thread and say hello:Wyoming

Thanks for joining us!

007Sean and Joeschooks like this.
  7. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi Emma! You’ve come to the right place! We’re all chicken mad here and there’s loads of friendly, knowledgeable members who will be pleased to help when needed or simply just chat about all things chicken :thumbsup

N F C, Chip3214 and 007Sean like this.
  8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under Emma :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. There are some duck specific ones at the bottom of the page.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

You may be interested in these links:

007Sean likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: