Im new...

Welcome!!!

I have been raising chickens now for almost a year and enjoy it greatly. And this has been my go to site for all info needed. Very helpful.

Ditto on all the other comments. I have just one to add.

When planning your coop, make it bigger than you need right now. I started off with 10 and now have to expand my coop so I can add more chickens. They can become quite addicting! And a coop does not need to be expensive. I am making my addition with free pallets from my husbands work.

Have fun.

Thanks alot for your tips and hints guys, I have alot of work to do now, Is there anyone in the simcoe county Ontario area besides Frey's to get my chicks from, any of you personally have a few chicks for sale possablly?

Another question, we have a large coyotie problem around here, what is the best way to keep my chickens from being thier dinner?

Last edited:
Tinyflock, I lurked here for several months learning all I could before I joined the happy crowd. If not for BYC, I would have made so many mistakes. Study the forums, ask questions, people here are wonderful. For now, study the baby chick,coop and predator sections to put you on the right track.

Good afternoon!
smile.png
I was new to this forum a couple weeks ago...
wink.png
Since then I have been real busy...I read the forum and ordered the" Raising Chickens and Building Chicken Coops for Dummies" books... then I went to TRACTOR SUPPLY a week ago and got 2 day old chicks just as they arrived from the post office.... I bought fourteen PRODUCTION REDS.... They are all beautiful and still alive after a week! I am totally in love AND they think that i am their MOMMY! The 2 Grandboys love coming to see them and have minded my hand washing rules...
Question...when will I or how do I post pictures? Is there a BYC flickr group?
Oh and I named all fourteen chicks...they are living in my stock tank brooder in my mud room...
Oh, what can I feed them other than the beginner chick feed and cooked oatmeal...and bread heals from my hands????
Ooops they want to go tho their playpen outside...I'll be back;)

Back
Top Bottom