I'm not an outcast anymore!

Bridget399

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
South Western PA
I live in the country, my closest neighbors are a few acres away. But I am still the only one on the whole street that has chickens. Well, one of my neighbors, always brings her daughter up in the evenings to watch the chickens. Even though her daughter a year old, she is just smitten with them. She had her first birthday party last weekend, and a relative bought her a GOAT! It may not be a chicken, but I'll take what I can get!

Man, I'd want to get a chicken, at the store, or on Craigslist and give it to her. Imagine a little kid seeing her chicken lay an egg? I love how little kids do the "WOW!" thing.

Ahh- I know how you feel! I was the only one in our "development" (a bunch of woods with a gravel road through the middle) to have any kind of livestock. I think someone might have horses, but we haven't seen them in years. Finally one of our neighbors built a coop and got some chicks- and joined BYC!!!!
big_smile.png

We are the only ones in our area with chickens. Everyone is curious, visits to check on them. I even have some lined up to chicken sit for next years vacation. If I don't have a rooster, I will get one next year and see how that goes. I do have 3 friends with farms to send him to if it doesn't work. There is only one neighbor that may have a problem with a rooster and even they said they don't know until it happens. I am also sharing compost with one neighbor and eggs with another.

My rooster is more quiet than the neighbor's dog! I hope now that they have TWO goats, that they will try a few chickens. Yes, they got another goat, because theirs was lonely!!

Back
Top Bottom