I'm not sure I can help him :(

Denisemomof4

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 29, 2011
Our roo is painfully thin. I noticed he was just kind of quietly sitting in a corner last week and then a few days ago I saw his comb and wattles were bluing. I've placed him beneath a heat lamp but I didn't notice anything other than deep, slow breathing. He has periods where he's not bluing, and tonight I notice a LOT of white poop, and a couple bright green, mixed in with normal poops. He's listless. I don't know what to do for him! He has no symptoms of respiratory infection. I checked here over the weekend and am wondering if it's his heart.

He was fine when he was out with his girls (hens) but we removed him because one of the hens was all bloody. He ripped her feathers out regularly. This couldnt' be him giving up because he lost his girls, could it?

hit.gif

Have u checked him for mites and lice or checked his poo for signs of worms? I am thinking if there are no other symptoms of something respiratory then it is quite possibly mites/lice or worms.

Quote:
You could try worming the poor fella with some ivermectin pour on and give him some high protein meatbird feed for a week or two. Avian influenza also has 'bluing of comb' as a symptom listed in a packet I get every year as an NPIP participant. Apparently it doesn't always have respiratory symptoms. Good luck!

I don't believe it's mites or lice as he's not itching.

I treated the birds for coccidia over the summer. It never occurred to me to worm him.

Back
Top Bottom