Im officially a Gamebird Breeder now . . .

Awwwww . . . .

quail002.jpg

Very cool!! Hope to be seeing a few of those babies in person soon!

BTW- a friend of mine who bird hunts alot at hunting clubs, mentioned something that may be of interest to you since you are all official now... Maybe consider calling/contacting all the bird hunting clubs around our areas- from what I hear, they need quail, pheasant, and chukars, and they pay up to 10 dollars per adult quail, and more for pheasant and chukar. I am not interested in doing such an endeavor, (I get waaaay to attatched to my bird babies!) , but thought maybe you might be, and they probably want someone who is licensed to provide the birds. I dont know which ones they are, but I figure there cant be that many around. Just a thought...

Ive thought about it, and my friend in Auburn has given me the option of makin large cages on his 10acres, but that is alot of work to keep up with a demand, if I get it.
There is also a high initial investment involved for supplies and cage/materials
Im still considering it, and I have hunted alot of the local ranches, so Im a familiar face and all . . . and everybody remembers my jackrussell

Hunting ranches want large numbers at one time, and usually have established relationships with breeders.
The guy I got my gamebird stock from . . . there is no way I could compete with him.
I gotta find my angle . . . otherwise its start undercutting and making enemies and a bad name, instead of friends and allies.

Its a huge endeavor that could fail at any moment for any number of reasons, and I dont wanna get myself stuck in a contract and have somebody depending on me, and not be able to come thru.

It IS doable tho, and I have thought about it and still do.
Coturnix aint gonna cut it tho, now chukars on the other hand . . .

Yes indeed...I would have prefered paying the 18.50
smile.png
$50.00 was a hole in my pocket but it's worth it
smile.png
not like the feedstore here takes birds that are NPIP or gamebird licensed...upsets me
sad.png

I think I just found the lady that I bought my first quail from. Im almost sure quailladyoffortmyers is where I got my coturinx quail from.
Dont mean to take this off the topic but shes a good person to buy from.
Congrats on hatching your eggs Chickenwhisperer.
Thanks,
RIrs

18.50 Is Chump Change!
smile.png

50.00 Eh Not So Much...

125.00 A Yr For Federal Licence Kids--- That Hurts, Every Year....

Cw Congrats Now You CAN Start Into That Whole Mad Scientist Color Mixing Phase Most Of Us Have Gone Through.

As Far As The Hunting Preserve Thing.... Yeah Um Nobody Wants Coturnix. For Hunting/ Dog Training They Suck! Bobs, Chukar, Ring Necks--- Yes! But I Can Get 10+ A Bird At The Auction.... And To Produce Hundreds Or Thousands? 10 Each Isnt Much Profit By The Time You Figure Feed, And Your Labor, Electricity, Materials.... AND THEY MUST BE RAISED IN A VERY SPECIFIC MANNER TO BE USED FOR THIS AS WELL WHICH FURTHER COMPLICATES THINGS.Not Many Rockefellers In The Gamefarming Business. The Ones That Are Usually Produce Their Own Stock For Release And Hunting On Their Own Preserve And Make It By Charging Folks Big Money To Hunt.

Last edited:
I would like to congratulate you on your first 38 chicks. I was excited when I hatched out my first 100+. Your Manchurian Coturnix picture is cute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom