1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm Officially Chicken Obessed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TK Poultry, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    ok im offically chicken crazy i have chickens everywhere! i have them outside in runs, in my house, in the incubator, in my garage its crazy!!! any of you have this problem?

2. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I wish! [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    GUILTY! But I'm selling more than I'm getting- so it's OK. Or maybe it's denial.

4. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

yep! And all I can think about is getting more and starting to hatch them!!!!!!

5. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    We have an Ameraucana rooster and his four girls ( two Americaunas and two Leghorns) that insist on roosting on our porch each night. (Why, Pun'kin and Creme Brulee? Have you no sense of decency? ) At least those Americauna hens look cute, with their chipmunk cheeks... All the chickens roam anywhere they wish during the day.

Sometimes a Leghorn hen(the same one that roosts on our porch?) will climb on a shelf right outside our kitchen window and glare inside at us, while screaming angrily! [​IMG]

If you were to drive up to our house, you might be greeted by a small army of Bourbon Red turkeys gathered by your car, the hens squealing in excitement and the toms trying to out-gobble each other. Do not leave your car doors open! Turkeys investigate EVERYTHING!! Turkeys also run off with mittens and even crocs.

6. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    well its horrible my new obession breed wise is bantam ameraucanas and i have 5 and then i went and got 4 babies today and have some eggs gearing up for the incubator once this last hatch is over and im going to get with the breeder Little Ameraucana Mom and see if shell have any babies avaliable next week because i want MORE!!! its horrible and my first and favorite thing is my EE's and on the hunt for bantam wyandottes! this is honestly a disease i swear [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]n

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It is an illness, and if you are searching for a cure HERE, you are barkin up the wrong tree, my friend! [​IMG]

8. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

a cure no, treatment maybe, lol, its a hobby that keeps me out of trouble i guess but i wanted to make sure i wasnt the only one with the problem

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by