im ruined!!!

Mutchi

Crowing
Apr 5, 2021
hamilton MT
My Coop
My Coop
:hiti lost my baby!! one side of her face is all wet because her crop was filled with water! my mother said she woud mite dust yesterday then she refused!!!:hit!! im ruined!!!! i got rid of her mites then she got them again! we dont know what was wrong but she drowned for sure!!!:hit!!! i cant live with myself anymore!!!!:hit!!
her comb and wattle were purple!!!! again, im ruined!!!!
IMG_20210507_100255.jpg
her face cover in water.
IMG_20210507_100246.jpg
we couldnt save her. i cant look at myself again!!!!:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Sorry for your loss. Deaths are to be expected, you can't save them all. I just had a chick just die on me this morning, & I tried to resuscitate it, but it didn't come back.

This is the wrong Forum.

Here's the story of what happened:

I literally just saw the beak peaking through the pip no more then a minute ago, I sat down to get a drink, got back up to add abit more water to the incubator, & saw no more beak. I took the chick(still in shell out) of the incubator, & started to take off the shell. I got the chick out, it was warm, & floppy, & lifeless. I tried resuscitating the chick since it just died, but it didn't come back.
This was at around 7:00am.

she drowned because of her crop filled with water and the chickens were probably stepping on her crop then that made her cough up water. so she didnt die of mites. im in montana
I'd like to learn something from you.
What exactly makes you think she drowned?

There was another problem that caused the crop issue.
Call these people and see if they will send you a FedEx label to ship the carcass if it isn't close to you.
Refrigerate it till you get it into the box, do not freeze.

Montana Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
Marsh Laboratory 1
911 W. Lincoln St
Bozeman, Montana 59771-0997
Phone: 406-994-4885

Back
Top Bottom