I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
This always gets me because the beaurocracy is so bloated that this level of organization seems so unlikely.
It comes down to the misuse of terms. In society today the term having the most shock value and ability to gain likes or clicks wins.

I'm not dismissive of the idea that the feed may be altered. It absolutely could be. That's why I am TRYING to get my hands on the "bad" feed to have it analyzed. No one seems to want to help me out, though

But I'm a lil dismissive of the idea that this is all being done deliberately to shut down small scale farmers or price gouge on eggs or to starve people into submission.
I realize you're not in any of those camps Aunt Angus; I applaud your approach! There's no substitute for testing, but you do need samples of stuff that is under suspicion. Maybe if he has any left @Jaybird14 will send you some of the stuff he found wanting...

The feed might accessible in more than one location. Bags of feed in question need to be inspected for mill, run date, and if need be batch. I'd be more confident in any findings if they are backed up with more bags through different stores. Additionally, I would really want to see results on vitamins and minerals. I have personal experience with those where even miller agreed the feed needed to be replaced.
I realize you're not in any of those camps Aunt Angus; I applaud your approach! There's no substitute for testing, but you do need samples of stuff that is under suspicion. Maybe if he has any left @Jaybird14 will send you some of the stuff he found wanting...

UPDATE:

@Sherry68lynn has kindly offered to send some ad feed my way! Thank you!!!!

I'll send it off as soon as it arrives
get a photo of the label with ALL of the info, batch numbers etc. If adulteration is an issue, it is likely to be localised, not extended to the entire output of a given label still less manufacturer (which most of the discussion has failed to differentiate thus far).

I won't get any takers. It's sad because it tells me folks don't REALLY want answers.

I've run into this many times in life.

Some people don't want to admit that factors affecting some sort of performance actually *are* within their control and thus *could* be changed *if* they were willing to work on improvement thus they blame the great "Them" for "holding us down".

Other people don't want to admit that some things simply can't be controlled and find it more comforting to believe that they are victims of malice rather than that the world is simply outside human control.

Personally, I culled my flock this fall to ensure that I was feeding younger, more productive birds rather than older, less productive birds and am getting several dozen eggs per week already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom