I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I'm just doing this to show folks how unlikely it is that it's the feed. There are too many variables. But folks seem certain that there's something different going on. So when the feed comes back with the same analysis as what's on the label (which is what I'm hearing is the biggest conspiracy atm), then at least that will have been examined. Maybe I'll send some of the other non-tsc stuff, too.
I like this plan.

Rabbit owners know feed contaminants and recipe screw ups are actually pretty normal because rabbits just belly up and DIE from feed issues. Chickens are more resilient and the same level of problems could easily just stop them from laying.

The conspiracy theories without anyone bothering to get proof has irked me, though. If folks are convinced there's a problem with the feed, literally the first step is to get it analyzed so the entire batch can be pulled and the manufacturer held accountable and if the recipe is being intentionally fudged... clean it up.

I think the key is keeping an open yet critical mind. Profit is an incredible driving force. I have a hard time believing that a producer would want to jeopardize their business by becoming putting out a damaging product. I also have a hard time believing that chicken food sellers would want their customers stop raising chickens.

At the same time, the reality of our times is that a handful of corporations have an incredible amount of control. The corporation is bound to work towards the profitability of the shareholders and not the 'good of the community.' Those do not always coincide.

Also, any time I hear 'conspiracy theory' as a term thrown around to discredit something I have to stop and think of conspiracy theories of years gone by. Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird, MKUltra, Project Sunshine, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Liberty.

Power is also an incredible driving force .... money and power can do make people to crazy things.

At one time the idea that Covid was a byproduct of a bioweapon lab in Wuhan was a crazy conspiracy theory. People that shared facts that supported it were professionally attacked.

I think the key is keeping an open yet critical mind. Profit is an incredible driving force. I have a hard time believing that a producer would want to jeopardize their business by becoming putting out a damaging product. I also have a hard time believing that chicken food sellers would want their customers stop raising chickens.

At the same time, the reality of our times is that a handful of corporations have an incredible amount of control. The corporation is bound to work towards the profitability of the shareholders and not the 'good of the community.' Those do not always coincide.

Also, any time I hear 'conspiracy theory' as a term thrown around to discredit something I have to stop and think of conspiracy theories of years gone by. Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird, MKUltra, Project Sunshine, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Liberty.

Power is also an incredible driving force .... money and power can do make people to crazy things.

At one time the idea that Covid was a byproduct of a bioweapon lab in Wuhan was a crazy conspiracy theory. People that shared facts that supported it were professionally attacked.
I'd feel much more comfortable about all of this if there were test results out already. Why people haven't done this yet is beyond me. There's the one YouTuber, but reading that guy's bio does not instill confidence in a truthful report. Heck, I'm volunteering my time and money and I'm not even one of the affected parties. I've got more eggs than I know what to do with, and I use TSC feeds.

But if so many people all over the country are so concerned, why haven't we seen any actual proof that the feed is to blame? It very well could be the feed.

I'm pretty good at searching for this stuff. But the more I search, the more disheartened I become. It takes about 5 business days to get results from most labs, and there are many labs out there. If this has been reported on since late December/early January...??? I'd be all over it if it were my chickens. I don't want them to be unwell.
I'd switch feed (not to goat feed, for goodness sake) and have my go-to feed tested ASAP. I certainly wouldn't make the light year leap from "my chickens aren't laying well" to "the government/the WEF/Bill Gates is poisoning my chickens to control me" and spread that idea as a fact to the masses without doing some due diligence - which is exactly what's happening to the detriment of society as a whole. And I certainly wouldn't be so irresponsible as to repeat it as a hard truth without some actual proof. And, no - anecdotal evidence is not reliable without something more concrete to substantiate it.

Questioning = good. Making unsupported claims = bad.

Last edited:
agree @Aunt Angus. I was sad to see someone I follow on TikTok talking about this conspiracy yet not encouraging others to get the feed tested. It's just spreading hysteria and paranoia. I am watching this from outside of the US and it feels like it's feeding into a greater cultural thing of lack of trust, of everything. It's sad to see. I hope that folks that have questions, and of course I support questioning when things could be wrong, but also following up with seeking answers, testing and making sure their chickens nutrition is top of mind (Ie not just switching to corn and sunflower seeds or goat feed.) I know everyone is trying their best but often I think it's a lot easier to yell into the internet void than to stop and think critically about WHY we jump to conclusions. End of thinking aloud now.

Last edited:
I can tell you personally that I haven't gotten my feed tested yet purely because that's not an area in which I have any experience, and I wasn't sure where to start or whether it was even worth it. I switched feeds on the off chance it was the food preventing the girls from laying. Switching feed was easy for me, I have three feed stores within fifteen minutes of where I live and hubby is happy to grab a bag or three on request on his way home from work.

What's not easy is making arrangements to have feed tested (at least not in my head where I debate these things because I have no background with getting things lab-tested, and I also despise calling anyone on the phone) and then getting down to the post office or UPS to actually send a sample off because... I have a couple of hellions that go everywhere with me. 🤣

I've been pushing closer and closer to actually getting the food checked because I do have this lovely, unopened bag of Dumor just sitting there baiting me. And I hate secrets, and I hate not KNOWING one way or the other.

Also there's this other voice in my head that says I'm just crazy. The birds not laying was a series of unfortunate coincidences, even though those coincidences don't line up quite well enough to truly explain the hard stop I experienced with this first year flock (not my first flock) this winter at low latitude with weeks and weeks in the 60s and only a handful of days below freezing. So I doubt myself.

I can tell you personally that I haven't gotten my feed tested yet purely because that's not an area in which I have any experience, and I wasn't sure where to start or whether it was even worth it. I switched feeds on the off chance it was the food preventing the girls from laying. Switching feed was easy for me, I have three feed stores within fifteen minutes of where I live and hubby is happy to grab a bag or three on request on his way home from work.

What's not easy is making arrangements to have feed tested (at least not in my head where I debate these things because I have no background with getting things lab-tested, and I also despise calling anyone on the phone) and then getting down to the post office or UPS to actually send a sample off because... I have a couple of hellions that go everywhere with me. 🤣

I've been pushing closer and closer to actually getting the food checked because I do have this lovely, unopened bag of Dumor just sitting there baiting me. And I hate secrets, and I hate not KNOWING one way or the other.

Also there's this other voice in my head that says I'm just crazy. The birds not laying was a series of unfortunate coincidences, even though those coincidences don't line up quite well enough to truly explain the hard stop I experienced with this first year flock (not my first flock) this winter at low latitude with weeks and weeks in the 60s and only a handful of days below freezing. So I doubt myself.
I am arranging it all via email - no phones. And UPS will pick it up @ my door. Idk if you have that option. But I get it. Totally. I wouldn't expect you to be one of the folks testing the feed. anyway, because you are not shouting about how our chickens are being deliberately poisoned. If someone felt certain of that, I think they'd want hard proof. Apparently not...

You do realise that this is direct competition for the egg industry, right? Trying to move away from bad commercial farming? It isnt to compete with backyard chicken keepers. That makes zero sense, unless the big farms were being hit, which they aren't.

Not being rude, but its getting so tiring hearing so many accusations and baseless slander, while there is still not a shred of evidence.
In Japan, 1 bird that is suspicious of being sick the entire flock at that big farm is culled, no questions asked. All based on SUSPICION.

You mean o

You do realise that this is direct competition for the egg industry, right? Trying to move away from bad commercial farming? It isnt to compete with backyard chicken keepers. That makes zero sense, unless the big farms were being hit, which they aren't.

Not being rude, but its getting so tiring hearing so many accusations and baseless slander, while there is still not a shred of evidence.
found the vegan 🤣

In Japan, if one bird is suspicious of being sick the entire flock at that location is culled. All based on SUSPICION.
Currently there are reports of bird blu not only in the states but also around the world.
Now I ask you
Is it really that far out of the park to think about idea of the food industry pushing a lower production cost food that has lower risks of being infected (ie vegan eggs)? 🤔

In Japan, if one bird is suspicious of being sick the entire flock at that location is culled. All based on SUSPICION.
Currently there are reports of bird blu not only in the states but also around the world.
Now I ask you
Is it really that far out of the park to think about idea of the food industry pushing a lower production cost food that has lower risks of being infected (ie vegan eggs)? 🤔
Here if a bird is sick of AI, the entire property is cleansed of birds.
found the vegan 🤣
And?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom