Im so confused about my turkey

Quiggy

Chirping
Apr 27, 2020
A week or so back I asked about my BB male turkey sitting in eggs. Well he has now not really laid, more pooped out 2 eggs, the shell wasn't hard, and it was yolk and no bigger than a good ball. Its a he because he has gobbled and has a beard, does anyone have any idea what the heck is happening?? I sure dont!!

A week or so back I asked about my BB male turkey sitting in eggs. Well he has now not really laid, more pooped out 2 eggs, the shell wasn't hard, and it was yolk and no bigger than a good ball. Its a he because he has gobbled and has a beard, does anyone have any idea what the heck is happening?? I sure dont!!

I’m not sure about the gobbling, but it’s somewhat common for hens to grow beards as well.

If it is in fact laying eggs, it’s definitely a hen.

As for soft eggs, they happen sometimes but I would make sure she’s getting enough calcium.

Do you have any pictures of this turkey in question? That may be very helpful to include.

Post pictures of the turkey in question. Toms cannot lay eggs.

View attachment 2325532he is the one sitting down
That is a hen.

This is what a mature tom's snood looks like.
Sweetgrass_tom_X4230488_04-23-2020-001.jpg
Sweetgrass_tom_X5220949_05-22-2020-001.jpg

How old? Looks like a hen. My dominant older hen will display and her snood gets longer. She attempts a gobble but it isn't a true gobble.

I’m not sure about the gobbling, but it’s somewhat common for hens to grow beards as well.

If it is in fact laying eggs, it’s definitely a hen.

As for soft eggs, they happen sometimes but I would make sure she’s getting enough calcium.

Do you have any pictures of this turkey in question? That may be very helpful to include.

Back
Top Bottom