1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

I'm so excited :D

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Just got home and ordered my HovaBator Genesis 1588... I can't wait for it to get here, I'm so excited! Now I just wish the ladies would cooperate and start laying regularly. [​IMG] I need to test it!

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Songster

How exciting...you sound just like me...impatient, lol! When I get the urge to try something, I don't like waiting around.
    Hope it gets there soon and the girls get busy!!

3. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I so know how you feel. Mine came last week.

Congrats!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    LOL Thanks guys. It's going to be a big change from my huge redwood bator, but I'm excited nonetheless.

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I think you'll like it. I've had good hatches with my hovabator. [​IMG]

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:I promise, when they all hatch from the hovabator, I'll let it take the credit [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I had a still air little giant and couldn't get more than about 50% hatches, the hova get near to perfect hatches.

Where did you order it from?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Home and Barn Basics is the best price I could find. They're having sales. I paid $120 for the bator, $42 for the egg turner and $10 shipping for both. I hope it gets here SOON. [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Never heard of them. [​IMG] Hope it arrives soon. Do you have eggs all collected and ready to go?? [​IMG]

10. jab91864

jab91864 Songster

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    That excitement is dangerous....lol, I remember it well. Congrats and have fun!!!!!!!!!

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: