I'm so heartbroken </3

I am sorry for your loss. I doubt the shepherds were strays. I know a lot of people who actually feed thiers raw meet because it is easier to just let them lose when they go on vacation. This way the dog has the instict to hunt for food and is use to the raw meat. I told those people they were well butt holes, well I used different words LOL. I am going to put electric fencing around my pens so if this happens to me at least the predator will get zapped before he tries to do damage. Again I am sorry but all we can do is learn, fix and move forward. It hurts but it will make you stronger and the other flocks need you now.

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad that you didn't lose more.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry, this recently happened to me too (even the same dog breed) so I know exactly how you feel.
sad.png

They will be back, too. Do you have a plan?

I'm sorry for your loss. Six of my girls have been attacked by dogs and, thankfully, I have only lost one. I also have bears to contend with.

So very sorry to read of your loss.
I never realised what a threat dogs could be to poultry.

Thanks everybody
hugs.gif
The animal patrol officer said that if they came back to just shoot them, I myself could never shoot a dog but my neighbor would have no problem doing it. I will definatly secure that window before I put anything else in the pen.

So sorry you lost chickens. The only dog I've ever lost chickens to is my own Cocker Spaniel.
barnie.gif
Yes, I still have her, but both are more secure now. And yes, those dogs will definitely come back looking for more. Nightly we have foxes checking out our coops.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too know that heartsick feeling on seeing chickens dead because of a dog. So sad.

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I know just how you feel, I have lost 5 pullets and 1 hen to the same dog and it hurts. I believe once a dog kills a chicken they will be back for more. I was lucky that after the 2 attack the owner of the dog got rid of her. We live out in the county and it is a dumping ground for cats and dogs. I hate to kill any animals but at the same time I believe my animals and livestock that are on my property such feel safe. Again sorry.

Back
Top Bottom