I'm so proud of me! PICS!

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I was recruited to make the cake for my sister's wedding shower, and HERE IT IS!!! I'm so proud of me! I didn't have a piping bag for the icing, so I cut a piece of cardboard with pinking shears and rolled it into a tube, then put it in the corner of a ziplock. The trim didn't turn out as 'pinked' as I wanted, but for a rigged up piping bag it worked pretty well! The color swatches are my idea, too....food coloring!!!

I made the cake graphic pic by superimposing my sister's face over the princess and her husband's face over the prince (they're already married but are now having their real wedding). The wavy lines are from where I didn't get the icing smoothed down all the way
sad.png
but I still like it!

The graphic was then sent to an ebay seller called 'cakesforcures', and she put the text on it for me and enlarged it to fit a full icing sheet. She raises money for cancer research AND can do custom stuff, so I thought it'd be worth the $11/graphic. After giving credit where credit is due, without further rambling.....

MY PICS!!!!

DSCN1966.jpg

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

DSCN1970.jpg

DSCN1971.jpg

Thanks! I'm so happy with how it turned out, I'm sitting here grinning even though no one's around! LOL!
big_smile.png
She doesn't know what I did to the cake, I can't wait to see if she likes it!

Wow, you did a great job. I bought one of those kits to decorate cakes with from like Betty Crocker or something like that. I have not used it yet, but I figure if I just make one of the kids b-day cakes, I will get our money back. Looks great!

if you make more cakes like this you can smooth the frosting ( if its a fat based frosting like buttercream) with the hot knifing, i know exactly how you feel about being recruited to make te cake i got recruited to make my sisters wedding cake( never having made a wedding cake is was a little exasperated at what goes into making that big of cake, 3 tiers)....wasnt to happy about that one but i did it anyway. Anyway you did a very nice job on the cake as a whole but i have to ask what kinda of cake is it? it looks delicious...i think im going to go back something...

Wow! That...is...awesome!!! I'd be pretty proud of me, too, if I had made that. I hope the lucky couple enjoy it as well.

Back
Top Bottom