I'm so proud of my hens!

How Cool is that?!!! 11 eggs at once! That's awesome. The most we have found is 4 from our 5 hens. But that has become pretty consistent.

I have noticed however, that any time I am out of town and someone else is caring for my chickens(even if it is my husband and son), they don't lay as much as when I take care of them. Anyone else experience this?
love.gif
Guess this means they are fond of me, eh? Awww, that makes me happy.
ya.gif

One of my nesting boxes is a 12 inch clay pot I brought with me from California. Yesterday when I was cleaning the coop I heard this uproar and 3 HUGE hens were having a debate on who was going to use it! When I left the coop they were ALL piled up in it. Sitting on each other... hanging over the sides etc. It was a scream.

Oh that is picture material for sure!
lau.gif

Congrats to all you out there who have had the same luck as me and have VERY good chickens who lay lots of eggs for us!
celebrate.gif

Very informative for folks wondering about first egg sizes and a really great picture!

You gotta tell us if that egg #7 is a double yolker . . .

Steve

Congrats! That must have been exciting. We were only getting about 4 a week from 3 hens until my mother stumbled upon a hidden nest with 19 eggs in it!!! It was the coolest thing ever! I can't imagine getting close to that on a regular basis. Way to go girls!

Back
Top Bottom